PAINTED PONIES AUTHENTICATION
Dear Trail of Painted Ponies Collector,
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support of The Trail of Painted Ponies.
We would also like to alert you to the fact that you may be exposed to other horse lines that will attempt to take advantage of the popularity of the Trail of Painted Ponies. Given how hard we all have worked to create intentional brand recognition for The Trail of Painted Ponies, and our success in developing a passionate collector base that is loyal to The Trail of Painted Ponies figurines, we want you to remember: That you can counting on us to protect and preserve the value of their Painted Ponies collections.
Some knock-offs just slap a slightly-off logo on an inferior good that is close enough to the original to confuse an unwary consumer. Other knock-offs create a whole new line of products that is blatantly derivative of a well-known brand. Stuff that at first glance bares a similarity, but is not the real thing.
Most everyone knows about Rolex watch knock-offs and Louis Vuitton imitations. To the unsuspecting eye, they have an uncanny resemblance to the genuine article. Their appeal, of course, is they are offered at a discounted price, which can sometimes attract the uninformed, the impressionable, the deal-seeker. But there is a reason why these fakes don't stay around for long. It has to do with authenticity and the enduring value of being the first, the innovator. Consumers may be fooled for awhile, but no example comes to mind of a knock-off replacing an original. And Trail of Painted Ponies collectible figurines are an American original.
So to help you recognize authentic Trail of Painted Ponies figurines, we have prepared a check list of things to look for:
1. What most distinguishes Trail of Painted Ponies figurines from any other colored horse line is artistic excellence. It begins with the horse forms. Artists are given an opportunity to paint horse sculptures that were commissioned exclusively for The Trail of Painted Ponies, and created by premiere equine sculptors. Our Ponies are anatomically correct and their legs and heads are proportional. They have their own integrity, their own energy. They are in one of four positions: standing, running, walking and rearing.
2. A recent article described The Trail of Painted Ponies as a “fine art property” that has pioneered “the horse as art.” Every Painted Pony begins as an original work of art hand-created by a fine artist. Through the January 2010 Release, 100 artists have created 148 designs that have been reproduced as figurines. The Trail of Painted Ponies continually hosts various artist competitions so that we can ensure our Ponies are “the best of the best,” and that there is a diversity of imagery to our line up of horses. Please confirm that the artist’s name appears on the underside of the base. And beginning with the Winter 2010 Release, check to make sure the name of the Pony appears on a plaque on the front of the base.
3. The Trail of Painted Ponies logo features our name above four colored Ponies - two standing, two running - in black boxes. It is federally registered. No one else is allowed to use it without our permission. It appears on our packaging. When you see it you can be reassured that the contents are authentic. When you do not see it, you will know you are not holding an authentic Painted Pony.
4. Trail of Painted Ponies figurines come in richly colored, burgundy boxes. From time to time we tweak the graphics on the front or back. Beginning with the new Winter 2010 Release, a full picture of the Painted Pony figurine inside the box will appear on the front, and a complete write-up that tells the story of that Pony will appear on the back. But the burgundy color will remain the same. Look for it.
5. We take great pride in our story tags, which talk about the inspiration for each Pony, and give insights into the designs. We research them for historical accuracy because we believe they add credibility to each Painted Pony. Starting with the Winter 2010 Release, each of our figurines will come with a new kind of story card which will enhance the overall collectability of each Painted Pony.
There is only one Trail of Painted Ponies. As we ride together into the future, we encourage you to protect and preserve the value of your Painted Ponies collection by making absolutely sure that the Painted Pony you are acquiring is authentic and comes from The Trail of Painted Ponies.
Founder/CEO The Trail of Painted Ponies